I managed to create my first batch ahead of schedule..somehow!?
This series is all jewelry based and called the Geo Alpha Series. (Why that name – well
it just stuck in my head!)
As for the shapes I knew I wanted a heart motif to be part of the design and possibly the
dp logo. The rest of the design was kept open and fluidic 😉
For efficiency I try to model with symmetry modifiers.
Near the end of the design I’ll start to see how to model looks with a sub divided
modifier. I also use the measuring tool a lot to recheck dimensions.
Very important due to real world material constraints (minimum Wall thickness, minimum
wire thickness, etc)
The Geo Alpha Dewdrop design was the most complicated but the work went smoothly
as I planned most of it out beforehand.
After all the elements were present I applied a matrix modifier to get that nice teardrop
shape. I also extruded for thickness
Here are a few basic Renders from the Tea light project.
It comes in two pieces :
As always it a challenge balancing: the minimum material that you can use; material
constraints; stress areas; and make it look cool 🙂
The minimum hull thickness for the four ‘arms’ was tough but I managed it.